Circulating Thermostat PT80
Circulating thermostat PT80 Temperature range 5–80 °C
For all basic tasks of temperature control in the laboratory
The PT80 circulation thermostat is an extremely quiet, energy-efficient and handy device that has been specially developed for small temperature control tasks in the laboratory. Unlike classic compressor-driven thermostats, the PT80 uses modern Peltier technology to operate thermoelectrically.
The environmentally friendly technology ensures extremely quiet and low-vibration operation, 50% lower energy consumption and completely eliminates the need for refrigerants. Yet rapid temperature control in a temperature range from 5 °C to 80 °C is still possible, not least due to the low filling volume of only 250 ml. With an accuracy of ±0.1 °C, the PT80 is ideally suited to high laboratory standards for the temperature control of polarimeters and refractometers. The PT80 is also very well equipped for effcient and environmentally friendly cooling of condensers (e.g. Liebig or reflux condensers) in thermal separation processes on a laboratory scale.
- Circulation thermostat with Peltier technology
- Rapid temperature control from 5 °C to 80 °C
- Temperature accuracy of ±0.1 °C
- Extremely quiet and low-vibration operation
- Environmentally friendly, due to 50% lower energy consumption and elimination of refrigerants
- Suitable for operation with non-flammable liquids (water or water/glycol mixture)
- Resistive touchscreen display
- Easy-to-understand and intuitive menu navigation
- Standard RS-232 interface for PC communication
- PT80 control by P8000 series polarimeter
- Temperature control of small sample volumes in analytical laboratories, chemical laboratories, life science
- Temperature control of refractometers, polarimeter tubes and viscometers
- Temperature control of cell changers in UV / VIS devices
- Efficient and environmentally friendly cooling of condensers (eg Liebig or reflux condensers) in thermal separation processes
- Applications in the laboratory that require a variable and space-saving placement of the thermostat
|TEMPERATURE CONTROL RANGE||5–80 °C|
|ACCURACY OF TEMPERATURE CONTROL||± 0.1 °C|
|TEMPERATURE CONTROL RESOLUTION||0.1 °C|
|AMBIENT TEMPERATURE RANGE||5 °C – 40 °C|
|HEATING CAPACITY||120 W|
|COOLING CAPACITY AT 20 °C||40 W|
|PUMP PRESSURE||110 mbar|
|PUMP CAPACITY||60 l/h|
|FILLING VOLUME||250 ml|
|CLASS OF PROTECTION (DIN EN 61140)||III|
|CLASSIFICATION (DIN 12876-1)||I; non-flammable liquids|
|ELECTRICAL DATA||100-240 V AC, 2,5 A | 50/60 Hz|
|ELECTRONIC INTERFACE||RS-232 interface|
|DEVICE DIMENSIONS (W X H X D)||170 mm x 225 mm x 244 mm|
|DEVICE WEIGHT||2.7 kg (without mains adapter and mains cable|
|DISPLAY TYPE||RGB TFT display|
|DISPLAY RESOLUTION||320 x 240 pixels|
|DISPLAY DIMENSIONS (W X H)||72.4 mm x 54.7 mm|
|CONTROL||Resistive touchscreen (pressure sensor technology)|
The easy-to-understand TFT display enables all relevant information to be clearly displayed. The temperature of the PT80 can be individually adjusted via a user-friendly touchscreen. The easily accessible functions and intuitive user guidance in the user menu ensure convenient handling.
The circulation thermostat can be easily controlled with the serial RS-232 interface. This enables e©ective data exchange as well as remote control via PC or direct control via the user interface of our PT8000 series polarimeters. PC networking also provides documentation of all relevant settings. The temperature of the PT80, for example, can be queried with the simplest programs. These networking functions even make the PT80 suitable for automated temperature control in the environment of laboratory 4.0 applications.
Temperature control of Abbe Refractometer AR2008
The PT80 circulation thermostat is often used for the sample temperature control of Refractometer AR4. The Abbe refractometer AR2008 can achieve highly accurate and extremely reproducible measurement results completely independent of the ambient temperatures. PT80 circulation thermostat is extremely small and can be very easily connected to all water-temperable refractometers.
Temperature control of Polarimeter P8000-T
When used in combination with polarimeters, the PT31 circulation thermostat ensures uniform temperature control of the samples to be measured. This enables highprecision and reproducible measurements, such as those prescribed by different standards in the pharmaceutical industry at 20 °C or 25 °C.
Resources & Downloads
Circulating thermostat PT80 Enquiry
For more information or to arrange a call from one of the Cea Analytical Team, please complete the contact form below. If your enquiry is urgent, please call us on 1300 552 725.
Circulating Thermostat PT80 Enquiry
NSW: +61 2 4320 6672
VIC: +61 3 9017 4496
QLD: +61 7 3333 2171
WA: +61 8 6465 4576
NZ: +64 212 372 731