High Pressure Chemisorption Analyzer
Based on our successful AMI-300 instrument, the AMI-300HP represents an automated high pressure chemisorption analyzer. The AMI-300HP performs dynamic high-pressure temperature-programmed experiments designed to reach 100 bar (higher pressures available in custom instruments). When integrated with a pump, the AMI-300RHP provides the most sophisticated and automated characterization and micro-reactor instrument in the industry. The sophisticated design allows for the system to also double as a single-station Bench-top reactor.
Choice of Detectors
With the AMI-300HP you can use the standard thermal conductivity detector or choose other detectors of your choice. We supply integrated mass spectrometers that can be used in addition to the TCD. In addition, we can incorporate any detector that provides an analog output or can communicate through Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE).
Computer Control and Data Acquisition
The AMI-300HP is fully automated for ease of use and reliability. The control portion of the software controls and regulates all valve positions, temperatures, flow rates, and detector parameters. Data acquisition occurs at a selected rate for optimum performance. The front panel screen shows the status of the unit at a glance. This screen provides information on the position of all valves, type of gas connected to each port, temperatures, and detector signal.
The data handling package allows the user to display and integrate signal peaks, calculate chemisorptive parameters, and overlay data.
Hardware and Operation
The fully automated, high-pressure chemisorption analyzer and reactor system features include:
- A clamshell furnace capable of 1200°C (reactor type limits max temperature) with ramp rates from 1°C to 50°C per minute.
- High-precision mass flow controllers (MFCs) to ensure TCD baseline stability
- A heat-traced stainless steel flow-path to alleviate concerns of condensation and to provide an inert surface.
- A highly linear Thermal Conductivity Detector (TCD)
- Dynamic BET
- Quartz Reactor
- Vacuum Activation
- Liquid delivery
- Inconel, Hastelloy, or other high temperature reactors
- Sub-ambient (-130°C or lower) temperatures
TPR of 10% Co / 1% Re on Al2Ol3 at different pressures
The AMI-300HP can be designed with any number of pressure and temperature ranges in mind. The AMI-300HP utilizes our proven technology to perform:
- High pressure isothermal reaction studies
- Temperature programmed
- reduction/oxidation/desorption (TPR/O)
- Pulse chemisorption
- Catalyst treatment
- Pulse calibration
- Dynamic BET (optional)
Up to 99 procedures can be linked together back-to-back to provide a complete character ization experiment. Routine experiments can be designed and stored for easy retrieval.
The AMI-300RHP is also able to perform:
- Temperature programmed reaction experiments with vaporized liquids (TPRx).
- High pressure chemisorption experiments
Catalyst Charge: 0.1 – 1 g1
Temperature Range: -130 to 1200°C2
Ramp Rate: 1 – 50°C/minute
Operating Pressure: 100 bar3
Gases: 4 MFCs for carrier, treatment, pulse, and TCD gases4
Gas Flow Rates: User defined
Reactor Types: SS 3165
Detector: 4 filament TCD with choice of material (W, Au/W)
- Custom reactors available for increased loading
- Standard temperature range is 25°C – 650°C
- -130°C – 1200°C requires options
- Higher pressure available in custom instruments
- Number of MFCs can change to increase capability or lessen cost
- Other reactor materials are available
Resources & Downloads
AMI 300RHP Enquiry
For more information or to arrange a call from one of the Crea Particle Science Team, please complete the contact form . If your enquiry is urgent, please call us on 1300 552 725.
AMI 300RHP Enquiry
NSW: +61 2 4320 6672
VIC: +61 3 9017 4496
QLD: +61 7 3333 2171
WA: +61 8 6465 4576
NZ: +64 212 372 731